A sleepover party for kids is an amazing event to have with their friends and family, for both boys and girls, but for us parents it can be a little more challenging. It is important to plan ahead so that the sleepover can run as smoothly as possible. Here are some of my tips to help you organise the event.
Have a note book and Tupperware box ready.
- The note book is for parents to write their contact numbers in, any allergies their child has and any medication that needs to be taken ie asthma sufferers.
- The tupperware box to pack and store medication in whilst they are visiting so it’s readily available if needed.
Plan a space for your slumber party and familiarise children with your house.
- Ideally a rumpus room or theatre too are a good place for the sleepover to take place so that you can get some rest as well.
- Make sure the children know where the closest bathroom is and keep the light switches on with the door ajar so they are able to find it with ease in the night.
- Make sure children know where your bedroom is incase anyone gets homesick or scared in the night.
- We will provide each child with their own special tent, twinkle lights, bed and linen to help create the magic. Make sure the children bring their own pillows and comforters to help them feel at ease.
- Ask if anyone gets scared of the dark so you’re prepared. Torches are always handy and we can supply them if requested.
Plan Food and Snacks
- Have some treats on a tray in the kitchen ready for their midnight snack!
Plan games and activities
- Have games planned and in place so they can make the most of their evening.
- I find the Malteser game or pass the orange are great games that always produce a few giggles.
- Try to avoid computer game consoles and mobile phone games.
- A good idea is to have some balloons marked with times on that they can burst when it gets to that time with a new game or activity note placed inside.
The children will expect to stay up late and after midnight is not unusual so don’t expect to be able to have them all settled by 9pm!
You are now prepared for a great night of fun and games and can give yourselves a pat on the back that you’ve made it through.